Welcome! NEXT-GENERATION GENE-TARGETING is for your research. [to Japanese page]
- RIKEN ENU-based gene-driven mutagenesis system (RGDMS) is open to the research community since 2002.
- ENU mutant mice are non LMOs (non living modified organisms)
1. System Overview.
The RIKEN ENU-based gene-driven mutagenesis system (RGDMS) is open to research community as a tool of the next-generation gene-targeting within our capacity. The Mutagenesis and Genomics Team has been in charge of the RGDMS as one of the main research activities of the Team at the RIKEN BioResource Center (BRC) since April 2008, by succeeding one of the previous activities of the RIKEN Genomic Sciences Center during 2000 - 2008.The ENU-based gene-driven mutagenesis now allows us to discover about 100 - 150 ENU-induced mutations per year in various target sequences of the mouse genome. Key information to use the RGDMS is also written in the application form below.
Please note: Due to the mating scheme to produce the G1males, no X-linked genes are subjected to the ENU-based gene-driven mutagenesis. (No ENU-treated X chromosomes are inherited to G1 males.)
BRC Experimental Animal Division will distribute the discovered mutant strain to the user from the frozen sperm. It costs JPN¥98,600 (for non-profit organization)-JPN¥197,200 (for profit organizationa) plus tax per strain as of March 19, 2010. The cost may be subjected to change. Please see the BRC Experimental Animal Division Page for the distribution costs.
2. Flow of the USE
- Send us the Applicaition Form by courier. Please check that the considered target gene(s) is not in the target gene list with asterisk.
- We put User's gene name and gene location in the mouse chromosome to the target gene list when we update the list.
- Design a PCR primer pair(s) referring our manual below.
- Send us the designed PCR primers with a PCR information sheet(s) and photo(s) of the PCR product(s).
- After confirming the reproducibility of the PCR design, we conduct mutation discovery.
- We send User the information of all the discovered mutations.
- User decides which mutation(s) to analyze. We will send User the forms that are necessary to conduct the IVF/embryo transfer and shipping.
- We send User the mouse strain and User conducts the analysis of the mutant mice.
- User is previllaged to conduct the analysis of the mutant strain up to three years.
- When the three-year grace period pasts or when User publishes the outcomes, whichever comes first, the mutant mouse strain will be open to public through BRC.
- The disovered mutant strains that User decide not to analyze will be immediately open to public.
- Prior to make the discovered mutant strain open to public, User agrees to deposit the backcrossed mutant strains if User will have made the backcross during the course of the studies.
- User decides if any outcomes are applicable to any intellectual properties (IPs). When User decide to apply some IPs, RIKEN will be co-applicant.
(Further information are available in the Application Form.)
3. Target Gene List.
- After we receive your application form, we will add your target gene to the target gene list with an asterisk. Target genes without asterisks in the list are open for a collaborative research.
4. Available Mutant Mouse Strains established by ENU-based gene-driven mutagenesis.
- The available mutant strains are in this list and are available from the BRC Experimental Animal Division. Find the BRC No. and send the specified forms to the BRC Experimental Animal Division.
5. Application Form/PCR Design Manual, etc.
Further inquiry to;
to the RIKEN BioResource Center (BRC)
Copyright(C)2008-2010 RIKEN BioResource Center, Japan. All rights reserved.